Saturday, October 27, 2012

Key Essential Strategies in Race Recovery

This is a post I've been working on for several months. This is a topic under-researched and woefully misunderstood.

It's important to recover after racing. This is something we all know. However, just HOW does one best go about recovering? What does it feel like to recover correctly? ...Incorrectly?

For me, the biggest problems have been:

-Confidence: The confidence necessary to take a recovery day and truly relax and let myself "be" within that day. No worries about training.

-Calm: I love running and the physical exertion that it demands. It's difficult for me to feel comfortable throughout the day without a bit of that familiar, cherished fatigue in my legs, etc.

etc?!!? oh god.

So, I've developed a sure-fire, one-step strategy to correctly recovering after a race.

It looks like this:





1 comment:

J. said...

this song is such a great punch line.