Monday, May 30, 2011

"Ying Yang Tramp Stamp" Week Ending 5/29



The weather has finally turned and everyone has lost their damn minds. Women are drunk and bikini'd all over the place and the world seems like a place where "hope" isn't just a stupid name for a girl...it's the stupid name for a drunk and bikini'd girl. Which is great.

The entire holiday weekend was spent wearing as little as possible (I found most of my clothes this morning on the beach) and drinking heavily...AND respecting the hell out of veterans.

Father and I finally borrowed some kayaks and took the river down from the bar and out into the lake. The only silver lining to the insane amount of precipitation we've had this winter/spring is that the river is at an all-time high and it's now not only possible to get drunk at Trapperz ("z" intentional) but then kayak home at surprising velocity.

A tornado knocked out our power for the past 36 hours, which made the kayak even better somehow. Everything was very still and silent. Serene. Bucolic. I was actually a little bummed when the power came back. My cellphone had died, internet was out, no TV, etc. It was righteous. Fuck power.

57 miles on the week. It's been hard to find time to run, as I've worked 70+ hours/week for the past 5 weeks and it's really really really really starting to wear me down. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel as this week I will wrap up my first year teaching...and then will just have the bike shop for work during the summer. Gravy.

I'm looking forward to the end of this week, getting more focused on running again and (hopefully) riding my bike a bit more.

I've eaten nothing but cheeseburgers, fried stuff and beer all day. I feel so good that I can barely believe it.

If you are reading this, I hope that you, too, are feeling so good that you can barely believe it.

1 comment:

J. said...

If you made a mix out of cheeseburgers, fried things, 50 cent, and gettin' sum... it would be the mix you posted in this.